Instructions for Giving Appreciated Securities if You Hold the Stock Certificates Yourself

If you hold the stock certificate(s) yourself, mail it and a completed Stock Power Form, in separate envelopes but on the same day, to:

University of Iowa Foundation
Attn: Finance Dept.
P.O. Box 4550
Iowa City, IA 52244-4550

We suggest you send the stock certificate by certified mail. Please include your completed contribution form or a note indicating the designation of the gift in one of the envelopes.

If the stock is registered in more than one name, each person must sign the stock power form(s). Sign only your name(s) as it appears on the stock certificate(s). If you are giving more than one type of stock, send a stock power form for each stock. The stock power form(s) must be signed in the presence of someone who will affix a Medallion Signature Guarantee. This service is usually offered at a bank, brokerage firm or similar financial institution.

Stock power forms are available at most banks or may be printed from this site. If you would like to have one mailed or faxed to you, contact the Finance Dept. at 319-335-3305, or send us an e-mail.