Happy Fall, Alumni!
We are less than 70 days until the 24th annual Big Event, and it’s been a busy year for alumni with numerous events in new cities. If you haven’t been able to attend an event, there are still plenty of opportunities to get involved! Upcoming events are listed below and more are in the works between now and the Big Event. We will share with you additional events in our January newsletter, but in the meantime, check out our Facebook page and the alumni tab of the Dance Marathon website to get the most up-to-date information. Please share this email with any alumni who haven’t received it, and don’t hesitate to ask us any questions!
Dance Marathon Alumni Group President
SAVE THE DATE! DM24 Big Event Weekend
The Big Event this year is February 2-3, 2018. Details for alumni events during Big Event weekend and the ‘Donating to a Dancer’ campaign are still being finalized; more information will be in our next newsletter in early January. Events for DM24 Big Event Weekend will be the Opening Ceremony Watch Party, Alumni Social, All Alumni Support (formerly known as MCS), Alumni Luncheon, Graduation, and Closing Ceremony Watch Party.
Attend an Upcoming Event
- Friday, December 8, 2017 (Iowa City)—Brush and Barrel Fundraiser
- Sunday, January 21, 2018 (Iowa City)—Professional Development Event (Email us to get involved.)
Thank you to those who were able to attend one of our recent events!
- Hawkeye Nation Radio Interview (Des Moines)
- Kickoff to Kinnick (Iowa City)
- Chipotle Community Day (Des Moines)
- DMM Pasta Community Day (Chicago)
- Iowa vs. Ohio State Football Tailgate (Iowa City)
- Big Grove Trivia Night (Iowa City)
- Fundraising Push Day (Iowa City)
Host a Fundraiser
Are you interested in a DM fundraiser or an event in your city? Let us know, and we can help! We have alumni-specific fundraising resources to help you.
Submit Nominations for Alumni Awards
Many of you have organized events and helped spread your lime over the year, and we want to recognize you. We will be awarding two individuals with one of the following awards:
- DMAG Volunteer of the Year
- DMAG Event of the Year
Please send your nominations to us by January 12, 2018, and include the name of the nominee/event, a brief description, and why you believe the volunteer or event best promotes the mission of DM. Awards will be presented at the inaugural DM Hall of Fame event this spring.
Official DMAG Social Media
Follow us on our official DMAG accounts:
Contact DMAG Leadership
Please contact us if you would like to host an event in your city or to learn more about the group.
- DMAG President—Nic Rusher
- DMAG Board Member—Kayla Caldwell
- DMAG Board Member—Morgan Kennedy
- DMAG Board Member—Dan Kolb
Get DMAG Updates – Please fill out this form and mention Dance Marathon in the “Comments or Questions” section to register yourself or a friend to receive DMAG emails.