The GOLD Leadership Group serves to advocate for the interests of recent graduates of the University of Iowa (received their degree within the past 10 years) by advising the University of Iowa Center for Advancement's Office of Alumni Engagement on best practices to engage the UI's recent graduate population.
The GOLD Leadership Group's efforts are committed to developing and strengthening the bond between recent UI graduates and the university. In support of the UI, the GOLD Leadership Group is responsible for:
- Advocating for the interests and needs of recent graduates regarding their stage within the alumni experience.
- Advising the Office of Alumni Engagement on strategies to increase awareness and support from recent graduates in UI programming.
- Encouraging recent graduates to participate in engagement activities with the UI.
- Promoting UI activities and programming and participating when possible.
- Educating fellow alumni on the mission, goals, and initiatives of the UI Center for Advancement.
Members of the GOLD Leadership Group agree to the following expectations:
- Attend bi-annual meetings either in-person or via conference call.
- Actively participate in Group functions by providing feedback, sharing information, expressing opinions, brainstorming, and voting on matters brought forth to the Group.
- Participate in quarterly conference calls in between the bi-annual meetings.
- Support philanthropic efforts by giving back of time, talents, or resources each year of membership service.
- Stay updated on UI news and quarterly publications.
- Reflect the University of Iowa Center for Advancement Core Values.
Interested in joining?
Membership is limited and needs are assessed on an annual basis. Applications for membership are currently being accepted until September 30, 2019. Please fill out the online application form
. If you have any questions or would like further information, please email us at email@example.com