The University of Iowa has been part of your life’s journey, and we’re still with you along the way. Your Hawkeye connection extends beyond campus—and that’s why we’re hitting the road for a visit in your neck of the woods. We’re bringing the best of Iowa back to you, so that you can reconnect with old friends, and meet new ones, while learning about our latest breakthroughs.
Sunday, January 28, 2018
- Caribbean Gardens – 1590 Goodlette Road, Naples
- 9 a.m.–11 a.m.
- Please show this invite at the gate to receive a $2 discount per ticket.
- Millennial Brewing Company – 1811 Royal Palm Avenue, Fort Myers
- 3 p.m.–5 p.m.
- It will be family day at the brewery, so children are welcome to attend. Come enjoy food trucks, brewery tours, free samples, football on the TVs, and a bounce house and movies for the kids.
Tuesday, January 30, 2018
Pregame Happy Hour and Game Watch
- RonDao’s Pizzeria & Sports Bar – 15320 McGregor Boulevard, Fort Myers
- 7 p.m.–9 p.m.
- The Iowa vs. Minnesota men’s basketball game starts at 9 p.m.
Wednesday, January 31, 2018
- The Ritz-Carlton – 280 Vanderbilt Beach Road, Naples
- 3 p.m.–5 p.m.
- “Sex Differences in the Human Brain” with Peg C. Nopoulos, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry, Neurology, and Pediatrics, Interim Chair and DEO, the UI Department of Psychiatry. Learn about the differences between male and female brains, hear how these variances are shaped by both biological and environmental forces, and explore the social implications of such differences.
- “Big Data: Its Human Face and Impact on Scholarship, Teaching, and More” with Greg Carmichael, Director of the Iowa Informatics Initiative, The Karl Kammermeyer Professor of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering. Our unprecedented ability to generate and access massive amounts of information from disparate sources is transforming science, health care delivery, academic scholarship, artistic expression, and social interactions. Discover how the UI is using “big data” on campus.
University of Iowa Presidential Reception
- 5 p.m.–7 p.m.
- There will be brief remarks from university leadership at 6 p.m.
February 22, 2018
The Penske Museum
March 26, 2018
State Historical Society of Iowa
New York City
April 5, 2018
May 7, 2018
May 21, 2018
June 11, 2018