J. Edward Lundy, '36BA, a native of Clairon, was a fellow in economics for three years at Princeton University following his graduation from SUI. He was a member of the Princeton economics faculty from 1940 until 1943, when he entered the Army Air Force to serve as director of the research and analysis department of the Air Force statistical headquarters in Washington, D.C., for which he was awarded the Legion of Merit. Lundy joined the Ford Motor Company in 1946, and has served as director of financial planning and analysis, assistant controller, treasurer, and as vice president and controller. He has held his present position as vice president of finance since 1962. His citation paid tribute to his interest in people: "In his functional supervision of the intricate financial structure of all divisions and subsidiaries of his Company, his great talent is to recognize young talent, his great challenge is to challenge it effectively and fully..In human and corporate societies which grow inexorably massive and complex, he is an executive's executive, at home in a world of challenge and of change.