John H. Morse is a charter member of the board of directors of the University of Iowa Foundation. He received his BA degree from the UI in 1930, his MBA degree from Harvard in 1932, and his LLB from Yale in 1935. The following year, he joined the New York City firm of Cravath, Swaine and Moore and ten years later became partner.
Yet, despite commitments which accompany rigorous demands of a distinguished career in corporate law, Mr. Morse still finds time to serve the University of Iowa. He has been an integral part in the University of Iowa Foundation's growth. He has, for example, been active in the realization of such Foundation projects as the university's new Museum of Art and the soon-to-be-built Health Sciences Library, as well as the establishment of the Foundation's Old Gold Club and the President's Club. In addition, he was instrumental in the establishment of the Manhattan Fund, a repository for funds contributed to the university by businessmen in the New York area.